Ametek Aerospace and Defense: Electromechanical Solutions for the Aerospace Market
Headquartered in Wilmington, Massachusetts, Ametek Aerospace and Defense is a leading designer and manufacture of electronic components and electromechanical devices catering to the civil and military aerospace industries.
The Aerospace and Defense Division of the Pennsylvania-based Ametek parent company produces engineered solutions for the business jets (lightweight through intercontinental), regional aircraft (turboprop and regional jets), UAV helicopters and trainers, ocean vessels, military vehicles (tracked and wheeled), and space (launch vehicle, shuttle craft, and satellite) markets. For the fiscal year 2013, the parent company Ametek reported sales of US$3.6 billion.In the past year, Ametek acquired a number of technologically-inclined companies to improve its offerings capabilities:
- Sunpower, Inc. (stirling-cycle machinery)
- Crystal Engineering (pressure calibrators, digital test gauge, and other monitoring equipment)
- Creaform (handheld scanners for reverse engineering and 3D scanning)
- Teseq Group (electromagnetic capability testing)
- VTI Instruments (high-precision testing equipment)
Ametek Aerospace and Defense’s portfolio of products includes the following brands:
- Aircontrol: Aircontrol Technologies develops the Aircrew Ground Conditioning Unit (AGCU) for the Eurofighter Typhoon, ensuring the crew’s thermal comfort by maintaining a mixture of ethylene glycol/de-ionised water to individualized temperatures for each crew member’s Liquid Conditioning Garments (LCG). Aircontrol also manufactures the Liquid Conditioning Generation Unit (LCGU) for the Typhoon.
- Airscrew: Airscrew develops heating and cooling systems for military vehicles. Notable uses of Airscrew systems includes the GKN Warrior infantry fighting vehicle, the Challenger main battle tank, and the Chieftain Cruiser tank.
- Amphion: Amphion Solid State Power Controllers (SSPC) offers a substantial amount of load and wire protection for avionics systems.
- Gulton Statham: Gulton Statham provides reliable position sensors for aircraft engines, flight control exteriors, and landing gear position monitoring systems via its line of LVDT Position Transducers that meet the standards of MIL-STD-810 and MIL-E-5400. Gulton Statham also provides Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) pressure transducers for high shock and vibration situations, tested to MIL-STD-461F, DO-160E and D6-16050-5 requirements.
- Hughes-Treitler: The Hughes Treitler family of airframe heat exchangers are implemented in the Bell 609 nacelle coller assemblies, the Boeing 737/757/767/787 natural convection hydraulics, the Boeing Apache AH-64D ECS condenser and crew station evaporators, the Grumman F-14 hydraulic oil coolers, the Lockheed Martin F-16 multi-circuit fuel/oil coolers, the Northrop Grumman B-2 fuel to hydraulic/oil coolers, the Sikorsky CH-53 engine and transmission oil coolers, and the Sino Sweringen SJ-30 anti-icing pre-coolers.
- Rotron: The Rotron line of AC and brushless DC fans and blowers and cooling systems are ISO 9001:2000 and AS9100:2004 approved. Specific products includes vaneaxial and tubeaxial fans, centrifugal and radial blowers, electronic and fault detection devices, and motor and drive systems. Rotron is qualified to fly on Boeing 737/747/757/767/777, Canadair Challenger 601, Cessna Citation X, Dassault Falcon 10/20/50/200/900/2000, Gulfstream IV/V, Learjet 45/60, Dornier 328, Embraer EMB 145/120, and Airbus 300-600/340-2/300.
- Total Air Probe: The Total Air Probe family of Total Air Temperature (TAT) Sensors measures for total and static pressure (millibars), temperature (Celsius), angle of attack (degrees), and BIT (built-in test) status in aircraft by using a single ARINC 429 connection.
- Turbo-Mass: The motorless 8TJ126 Mass Fuel Flowmeters operates with at least +0.5% level of calibration accuracy, and is certified to work on a number of aircraft engine systems with flow ranges up to 42,000 pph.
Ametek Aerospace and Defense employs a 155,000-strong workforce in the following domestic facilities:
- Wichita, Kansas
- Costa Mesa, California
- El Cajon, CA
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Harleysville, Pennsylvania
- Wilmington, Massachusetts
- Binghamton, New York
- Woodstock, New York
- Garden City, New York
Ametek also has international manufacturing presences in:
- Reynosa, Mexico
- Sunbury, UK
Via our proprietary website ASAP NSN Parts, ASAP Semiconductor is a premiere supplier of Ametek components
. Potential clients can browse our expansive stock of both obsolete and current-production Ametek parts ranging from weld assemblies, actuator arms, flange assemblies, chassis assemblies, indicators, and more at asap-nsnparts.us. Please feel free to contact our knowledgeable sales staff at email@example.com
for a pricing quote.
Posted on September 15, 2014